Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Talented Mr. Jude Law

Unlike many movie adaptations, Patricia Highsmith's The Talented Mr. Ripley translated very well into film under the direction of Anthony Minghella. Jude Law played Dickie Greenleaf, a Princeton educated pretty boy living off of his trust fund on a beach in Italy. His parents send Tom Ripley, deftly played by Matt Damon, who they think is an old Princeton classmate but is really a fraud. Ripley's special skill is getting into the head of any person he sets out to imitate.

As Dickie, Jude Law wears some fabulous vintage 1950s rockabilly style Italian knit shirts:











The Italian knit shirt is a perfect for accessory for making cappuccinos, hitting the jazz clubs or riding a Vespa.

You may like:

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina, Great job here.

    The blue one is interesting. I like the top half but it seems short for the style making the guy look chunky compared to the white one - which he clearly is not.

    I'm wearing a mint green version today and the bottom just overlaps my jeans pockets.

    I'm pretty sure you could clad the space shuttle with them though, because they're completely impervious to wear and tear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that is actually me wearing the shirt, and I can assure you I am not chunky, though maybe I was having a fat day that day? :-)

    Seriously though, I think the shirt is supposed to cut that short, though I don't know a lot about vintage Italian shirts...

    But I agree that they are probably space proof. Thanks for commenting!

    Eric

    ReplyDelete