Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's a nice day for a (vintage) wedding

I've been buying vintage for myself for about 10 years . So when it came to planning my wedding, I had a good idea of the type of dress I wanted to wear: white, tea length (falling just below the knee) and corset top, off shoulder or three quarter length sleeve. Something garden appropriate and would translate into a good, comfortable reception dress. If I can't find one in person, I know I can find vintage Ceil Chapman or Priscilla of Boston online for under $1,000 - a decent price for a (hopefully) once in a lifetime dress.

Vintage weddings are becoming more trendy as eco and budget conscious brides (and grooms) think of ways to reduce their wedding budget and environmental impact while creating a unique and stylish event for their guests. I love browsing Etsy - the go-to website for handmade and vintage wedding items. I also love reading http://greenweddingshoes.blogspot.com/. It has awesome photos from handmade and vintage weddings. These tell me that not every cake needs to be a white fondant covered monstrosity, nor does every bride need to be a princess in pearls and beaded bodice (not that there is anything wrong with that).

You may like:

No comments:

Post a Comment