- Whether lawyer, banker, rocker, spy or hipster, ties can be sexy.
- The act of tying a man's necktie for him is impressive and sweet.
- Unless you're Orville Redenbacher or Peewee Herman, wearing a crazy bowtie on a regular basis is douchey.
- Colonel Sanders wore what is known as a string tie, or a bow tie with long strings once popular in the southeastern United States.
- The weeks leading up to Father's Day are the busiest time for tie shoppers.
- A tie is a subtle way to reflect your style, personality and mood.
- With the decline of formal dress, tying necktie knots is a dying art.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
The Skinny on Men's Neckties
Phallic symbol? Mark of corporate oppression? Men were tying cloth around their necks at least as far back as the Thirty Years War in 1618. But what can I say that Wikipedia hasn't already: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necktie. Some thoughts: